Billy.com Affiliate Program Policies
All Billy.com Affiliates are bound to the affiliate network agreement and must remain in compliance with these terms. This list contains everything you need to know to be a Billy.com Affiliate, including resources, recommendations, and some fun legal stuff.
If you're not yet part of the Billy.com Affiliate Program, you can apply here.
If you ever need anything else or have questions, feel free to reach out to the team at email@example.com
Last Modified: January 26, 2024
Commission rate: Available commissions are set forth in the table below. All Affiliates will start out at a 50/50 rev-share. The tier level is based on the cumulative monthly revenue earned from all Offers including Widgets, Clicks and Inbound Calls. Returns will be processed on the 10th of the following month (if 10th falls on the weekend or a holiday, it will be the following business day). Payouts will be adjusted accordingly and locked at that time. If your traffic results in our buyers returning more than 20%, you will be at risk of termination.
Our Rev-Share program has 3 Tiers that rewards those Affiliates that earn more.
|50% (Leads) & 50% (Calls)
|60% (Leads) & 60% (Calls)
|70% (Leads) & 70% (Calls)
There are a number of other limitations that may result in commission not being paid - we encourage you to read the Affiliate Network Agreement for more information on this.
- For all service requests, whether through our widget, a click or Inbound call, the rev-share will be based on the initial service request only. A very small percentage of customers will make a 2nd service request and this and subsequent requests will not earn a commission.
- The customer service requests needs to be monetized for you to earn a commission. For widgets and clicks, this will be known in real time and can be seen in your Affiliate Tool. For Inbound Calls, these will be monetized based on the duration of the call. Each buyer will have a different duration requirement and you will see any revenue earned in the Tool.
- Affiliate links may rely on cookies to track referrals. Therefore if cookies get cleared, we may not be able to track these events.
- Only affiliate links can be used to track referrals. Incorrect use of affiliate links will cause inability to track referrals.
- Fraudulent or stolen attribution is a non payable event. If we suspect fraud (for example, if we see that signups are all from the same city or IP address) we may require you to prove that the referrals are valid.
- Upgrades/downgrades: Your commission tier will be based on the previous calendar month and will be moved up or down accordingly. All affiliates will start at the first tier.
- Attribution: In the event a single customer clicks two different affiliate links, the last affiliate gets the credit. We do, however, reserve the right to modify this in certain circumstances.
- Inbound Calls: We will provide affiliates with a dedicated phone number that is to be used only for Consumer Initiated Inbound Calls. Absolutely no transfers of any sort are allowed. Please see the full guidelines below.
1. Billy.com branding
Do: Capitalize the “B” in “Billy.com”. Do include the “.com” as we are known as “Billy dot com” and not just “Billy”. This is important to maintaining consistent branding.
Do Not: Use false or misleading statements on the benefits of using Billy.com (e.g. “Get rich quick with Billy.com”). Do not modify or adjust the Billy.com wordmark or Billy Mascot in any sort of marketing material you might create, including the creation of any visual badges or dual-logo lockups.
2. What to call yourself
As we have multiple ways to partner with Billy.com and several ways to reference those relationships, here are some guidelines around what you can and cannot call yourself within the Billy.com Affiliate Program.
Do: Say you’re a “Billy.com Affiliate" or “Affiliate Marketer”.
Do Not: Refer to yourself as a Partner or that you’ve “partnered with Billy.com.” This includes press releases, references in videos, listings on your website, or in any other marketing material you may be using.
3. Buying ads
You will not purchase ads that direct to your site(s) or through an affiliate link that could be considered as competing with Billy.com’s own advertising, including, but not limited to, our branded keywords. If running ads, you need to direct the ad to your own website (and not to Billy.com or a standalone landing page).
Policies that don’t fit into the other buckets
- Survey participation: We would encourage you to participate in any affiliate-specific NPS surveys, industry surveys, marketing surveys, etc. as we request.
- Sharing placements: When requested, you’ll share the places you’ve used your affiliate link. This includes, but is not limited to, links, screenshots, and email sends.
- Making service requests on Billy.com yourself: One of the benefits of the Affiliate Program is we don’t require you to use Billy.com products. Though if you decide to make a service request, we require that you do not use your own affiliate link.
- FTC disclosure: You must be FTC compliant and disclose in a clear way before the affiliate link that you will receive commission if someone clicks through and purchases.
What Billy.com Content You Can Use and How
- You can share links to any of our content by email and social media. We'll love you for it!
- You can republish in full any Billy.com-original images (such as charts, graphs, cartoons, infographics), videos, or SlideShares by copying or embedding them and including them in your content - as long as you honor the Content Attribution Policy below. (Note: This does not include any stock images we've purchased for use in our content.)
- Feel free to reference or quote up to 75 words of any of our text content (facts, figures, quotes, etc.) in your own blog articles, presentations, documents, etc., as long as you honor the Content Attribution Policy below.
- Unfortunately, we cannot allow you to republish in full any of our text-based content (blog articles, PDFs, PPTs, DOCs) on the web. Why? Well, duplicate content is just bad for SEO, and Google will hate us for it.
- Unfortunately, we cannot fulfill requests for original files (e.g. PDFs, PPTs, DOCs, or original video files). Sorry!
- You cannot monetize our content.
- You cannot claim our content as your original ideas (i.e., using our content and publishing it on a channel as your own). We love that you want to share it, please share the original link instead. Thank you!
Content Attribution Policy
- Attribute Billy.com as the source.
- Link to the original Billy.com source you're referencing:
- For references to a Billy.com blog article, link to the URL of the specific blog article you're referencing.
Inbound Call Guidelines
These Quality Control Guidelines are designed in order to help ensure quality and must be fully complied with in order for an activity to be deemed a Billable Inbound Call:
For All Billable Inbound Call Generation Activity:
- Calls may not come from computer-generated sources, such as robots, spiders, computer scripts or from other automated, artificial or fraudulent methods including, without limitation, the use of any spyware, adware, device, program, iFrames, redirects or other automated, artificial or fraudulent methods designed to appear like an individual, live person.
- Calls may not be processed or entered by anyone other than the consumer initiating the call.
- Calls may not come from persons that did not express an interest in receiving information associated with the applicable product and/or service being marketed, or from persons misled or deceived into calling or completing a web lead form.
- Calls may not contain false, incomplete, or inaccurate information or obtained using misleading or confusing language that is used to encourage persons to submit their contact information.
- Calls may not be incentivized (including, without limitation, generated by offering incentives, payments, rebates, sweepstakes entries, prizes or other things of value intended to increase conversion rates).
- Calls may not be generated in connection with any Call Seller websites or graphic arts, assets or other similar materials (collectively “Creative”) that are oriented toward, show or promote: (a) the use of alcohol, tobacco or illegal substances, nudity, sexually explicit material, pornography, profanity, adult-oriented content, expletives or inappropriate language; (b) illegal or unethical activity, deceptive acts, racism, hate, material that promotes violence, "spam," mail fraud, gambling, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or illegal advice; (c) libelous, defamatory, infringing, false or misleading content, or other content that is contrary to public policy; (d) content that may expose Buyer and/or its clients to negative publicity; (e) piracy (of software, videos, audio/music, books, video games, etc.) hacking/cracking/phreaking, emulators/ROMs, or distribution of copyrighted materials; (f) content that violates the rights of others, such as intellectual property or privacy rights; (g) activities generally understood as Internet abuse including, but not limited to, the sending of unsolicited bulk electronic mail; and/or (h) content that is otherwise offensive or inappropriate in Buyer’s sole discretion.
- Calls may not be generated through the use of Creative or by purchasing keywords from search engine service providers (“Paid Search Networks”) that are misleading, untrue and/or that infringes upon any trademark, copyright or other third-party intellectual property rights. This prohibition includes, but is not limited to, Paid Search Networks, or purchasing inclusion in search engine networks (“Paid Inclusion Networks”), where the associated keywords include the trademark, service mark and/or brand name of any third party including, without limitation, any client, or any derivative or misspelling of any such trademark, service mark or brand name. Without limiting the foregoing, Call Seller may not violate the rules, requirements or regulations of any Paid Search Network or Paid Inclusion Network, and Call Seller shall fully indemnify and hold harmless Call Buyer from and against any and all liability arising in connection with such a violation.
- Calls may not be misclassified (for example, a plumbing call is not a Billable Calls if the consumer expressed an interest in a roofing product and/or any service other than a plumbing product and/or service).
- The consumer must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- Calls obtained through the use of Craigslist or other similar online classified ad websites may not be misleading in any way including, without limitation, any strategies that redirect persons to landing pages for purposes not clearly referenced or fully explained in the Creative.
- Calls may not be obtained using any fraudulent or illegal practices.
- Without limiting any of the marketing restrictions contained herein, without receiving Call Buyer’s prior written approval in each instance, Call Seller may not: (a) include or promote any Creative by and through any blogs, news articles or other social media outlets; or (b) use any endorsements or testimonials in connection with marketing the Creative. Where Call Seller is authorized by Call Buyer, in writing, to engage in the marketing activities described in this Section 13, Call Seller must fully comply with the Federal Trade Commission Guidelines Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials.
- Unless otherwise agreed to by Call Buyer and memorialized in the Agreement, Call Seller may not engage in any marketing and/or Call generation via SMS, Smart Messaging, EMS, MMS or any other type of text messaging service or protocol.
- Call Seller may not: (a) take control of an end-user’s computer by delivering advertisements that the end-user cannot close without turning off the computer or closing all sessions of the Internet browser for the computer; (b) install or execute on another's computer one or more additional software program(s) without consent of the end-user (in addition, Call Seller must clearly provide instructions to disable the software, such that the software is easily identifiable and the removal can be performed without undue effort or knowledge by the end-user); and/or (c) distribute spyware or other similar harmful software.
Call Seller Website Landing Page Content:
Call Buyer offers a service that connects consumers/users with service providers. Call Buyer does NOT perform any services directly. Any Creative used on Call Seller Website landing pages should make that distinction clear, in addition to the following:
- All Creative used on Call Seller’s website landing pages should be generically branded and should
NOT make any representations that make it appear that Call Buyer is performing the service being
- There CANNOT be any fake testimonials or reviews.
- There CANNOT be any statements or claims made that cannot be substantiated.
- Call Seller CANNOT use superlatives (like best, cheapest, greatest, lowest, highest, etc.).
- Call Seller CANNOT use any brand or content that would be considered misleading based on the
service that Call Buyer provides.
- Call Seller CANNOT make any guarantees regarding the quality or service being performed (i.e. DO NOT make claims such as licensed and insured, or satisfaction guaranteed since Call Buyer is not able to substantiate those claims).
- DO NOT use the word “free” (i.e. free estimates, free consultation, free service, etc.) unless
specifically authorized to do so in writing for a specific vertical/campaign.
- DO NOT make any suggestions about price (i.e. cheap prices, lowest prices, affordable prices,
Landing Page Disclaimers:
All Call Seller website landing pages used to generate Calls must have a disclaimer at the footer, specific to the category/vertical of the Call Seller website. Even if Call Seller is using click-to-call only Creative, the URL should still have a disclaimer. Below are examples of acceptable disclaimers by vertical. Call Seller can either use the wording exactly as shown below or something that would be considered substantially similar. Please note that Call Buyer makes no representation or warranty that the below disclaimers comply with applicable law. Call Seller is responsible for all Call Seller website content including, but not limited to, all website disclaimers.
- Home Services Campaign Disclaimer: [This website] (the “Website”) is a free service to assist homeowners in connecting with local service providers. All contractors/providers are independent, and the Website does not warrant or guarantee any work performed. It is the responsibility of the homeowner to verify that the hired contractor furnishes the necessary license and insurance required for the work being performed. All persons depicted in a photo or video are actors or models and not contractors listed on the Website.
- Legal Campaign Disclaimer: [This website] (the “Website”) is not a law firm and not a lawyer referral service; nor is it a substitute for hiring an attorney or law firm. Any information displayed or provided on the Website is for personal use only. The Website offers no legal, business, or tax advice, recommendations, mediation or counseling in connection with any legal matter, under any circumstances, and nothing we do, and no element of the Website or the Website’s call connect functionality ("Call Service") should be construed as such. Some of the attorneys, law firms and legal service providers (collectively, "Third Party Legal Professionals") are accessible via the Call Service by virtue of their payment of a fee to promote their respective services to users of the Call Service and should be considered as advertising. The Website does not endorse or recommend any participating Third-Party Legal Professionals. Your use of the Website or Call Service is not intended to create, and any information submitted to the Website and/or any electronic or other communication sent to the Website will not create a contract for representation or an attorney-client relationship between you and the Website or any of the Third Party Legal Professionals.
- Medical Campaign Disclaimer: [This website] (the “Website”)is a free service to assist users in connecting with local healthcare providers. The Website is not a doctor’s office, nor a doctor referral service nor is it a substitute for visiting a doctor. Nothing contained on or offered through the Website should be construed as medical advice and should not be relied upon for medical diagnosis or treatment. The Website does not endorse or recommend any participating Third-Party Healthcare Providers that pay to participate in this advertising. All persons depicted in a photo or video are actors or models and not doctors listed on the Website.
- Insurance Disclaimer: [This website] (the “Website”) is a free service to assist users in getting insurance quotes from insurance providers. The Website is not affiliated with any state or government agency. The Website is not an insurance agency or broker, nor an insurance referral service. The Website does not endorse or recommend any participating Third-Party Insurance Providers that pay to participate in this advertising.
- All Other Categories: [This website] (the “Website”) is a free service to assist homeowners in connecting with local service providers. All service providers are independent, and the Website does not warrant or guarantee any service performed or product offered. It is the responsibility of the homeowner to verify that the hired provider furnishes the necessary license and insurance required for the work being performed. All persons depicted in a photo or video are actors or models and not providers listed on the Website.
All restrictions and guidelines above apply to any legal campaign as well as the additional guidelines listed below:
- Creative must comply with all applicable state laws, as well as American Bar Association rules, regarding attorney advertising, ethics and client solicitation, as well as any and all state bar association rules regarding same, California B&P code §§ 17200 and 17500, et seq., and all rules and regulations promulgated under any of the foregoing including, without limitation, those governing attorney advertising, solicitations and ethics.
- Creative may not be posted, displayed or directed to any websites or URLs that contain communications regarding an attorney’s services or other legal services that: (a) either expressly state or imply qualifications of the attorney, the attorney’s services or other legal services; (b) include misleading information that is likely to create unjustified expectations about a specific attorney or the nature of legal services offered; (c) compare the attorney or legal services to those of other attorneys or legal services providers; or (d) promise results that will likely be obtained by the attorney, attorneys or legal services providers.
- For the avoidance of doubt, https://billy.com and https://billy.com/category/attorneys
are considered "Lawyer Directories" and not "Lawyer Referral Services."
- Creative must not contain images or depictions of money, judges, celebrities, extreme emotional appeals, acts of violence or imagery of weapons. Creative containing pictures of people, as lawyers, clients, etc., must contain a disclaimer in the footer stating: "All photos are of models and do not depict actual clients" or substantially similar such language.
- Examples of prohibited Creative language (these are examples only and are not exhaustive lists):
- Regarding the promise of results or creating unjustified expectations, Call Seller may not use the following or similar such language:
- ”eliminate your debt with bankruptcy."
- "win your case with an attorney."
- "quick and easy settlement."
- Where accurate, Call Seller may refer to attorneys as "local" or "practicing in [specified area of law]. Call Seller may not use words like "expert," "specialist," "certified," "best," "qualified," etc.
- Call Seller may not make statements regarding past success. For example, Call Seller may not state that the applicable lawyer(s) “have helped hundreds of people get out of DUI charges," or similar words to that effect.
- Call Seller may not state or imply that the consumer is using a referral service. For example, Call Seller may not use the following or similar such language:
- "you will be referred to an attorney."
- "we will place you with an attorney."
- "we will match you with an attorney."
- "the right attorney."
- "the attorney who is right for you."
- Call Seller may NOT make any claims as to the qualifications of the attorney or law firm.
- Call Seller may NOT use any language that suggests ownership or any sort of partnership between lawyers who advertise with Call Buyer.
- Call Seller may NOT say anything that suggests an outcome to the call the consumer makes to the service. Call Buyer cannot guarantee any case will be reviewed and/or picked up by any advertising lawyer.
- Call Seller may NOT say anything that suggests an outcome of a case once the client has hired a lawyer.
- Call Seller may NOT make use of any specific numbers or amounts associated with potentially winning cases (monetary settlements, number of won cases, etc.).
- Call Seller may NOT bid on any law firm or attorney name if running paid search.
Offsets and Credits:
In the event that Call Buyer pays for Billable Calls that are later deemed not to be Billable Calls or were otherwise generated in violation of the Agreement and/or these Quality Control Guidelines, such fees must be repaid, in full, to Call Buyer on demand.
Thanks for the content love. We appreciate it!