Popular Moving Locations
Save More With Billy!
Moving to Mississippi: Save 55% on Moving Services
Mississippi Movers – 6 Ways to Save
Congratulations on deciding to move to Mississippi! The modest state of Mississippi rose to national fame when popular novelist John Grisham used its Gulf Coast region as the backdrop for several of his best-selling books, and has recently achieved newfound notoriety as the damage from BP’s oil spill has devastated the region. Still, there are many great reasons to move to Mississippi, including the state’s scenic waterways, moderate climate (with the exception of hurricane season) and blues culture. Unfortunately, Mississippi is among the poorest states in the nation which means that if you’re moving to Mississippi it would be wise to be fiscally responsible both during your move and afterwards. Get yourself started out on the right foot by saving money on your Mississippi movers. You’ll be pleased to see how much you can save by following the six tips below.
- Pack by yourself. Of course it’s easier to hire your Mississippi movers to pack your belongings but you’ll be paying for this service in more ways than one. Firstly, you’ll be paying your Mississippi moving company for the time it takes them to move. You’ll pay a bit more for the movers’ expertise, a fee which will, of course, be rolled into the hourly fee. Finally, by hiring your Mississippi movers to pack your belongings you’ll be required to pay more for packing supplies than you would if you purchase them independently. While it may be worthwhile to hire professional Mississippi movers to pack your valuables, it’s highly advisable to pack the rest of your items independently.
- Compare prices. If you’re not into comparison shopping, now is the time to start. Invite at least three different Mississippi movers to come and see what you’ll be moving so that they’ll be able to give you accurate price quotes that are appropriate for your specific load. Make sure to mention if you’ll need any specialty services such as car shipping, piano moving or use of an elevator so that the quotes will be as accurate as possible. This way, you’ll be able to see which Mississippi moving company is truly the cheapest.
- Get references. If you know other people who have moved to Mississippi, now is the time to ask which Mississippi movers they used and how they enjoyed the experience. I’m also happy to help you find the right Mississippi movers – all you need to do is give me your information in the form above. Don’t rely entirely on reviews that you find online since most of the time internet reviews speak only of the negatives of Mississippi movers (and all movers), and not of the good parts.
- Plan a midweek move. If you didn’t know that a midweek move is cheaper you wouldn’t necessarily know to ask for it…and your Mississippi movers may not be inclined to offer you this service as a way to reduce your moving expenses. But a little-known secret in the moving world is that moving midweek can be significantly cheaper than a move at the beginning or end of the week which are more popular times to move. Movers are often eager to fill their empty midweek slots and are willing to lower their prices to do so.
- Plan a midmonth move. A great way to add additional savings on your midweek move is to move midmonth. Just as people prefer to move around the weekend they prefer to move around the time that their rental contracts are up, which is usually at the beginning or end of the month. In fact, you can save double by moving in with friends or family the week before your move so that you’re not paying rent for the month in which you’re moving out.
- Move in December. On the whole, December is an extremely quiet time for movers as most people prefer not to move around the holiday season. And, while the fall is generally a cheaper moving season too, moving to Mississippi in the fall is ill-advised because it is the heart of hurricane season. Consequently, if you’re looking for the cheapest time to move to Mississippi, it’s wise to ask for pricing in December.
Although there’s no such thing as a ‘free ride’ when it comes to moving, there are ways to reduce the cost of your moving expenses. I hope that your move to Mississippi is successful and I’m so glad to help you find the best Mississippi movers.