Moving to California: Save 55% on Moving Services
Moving to California - a Guide
If you’re planning a move to California in the near future, you’ve probably got a lot to think about. Whether you’re pursuing a career in Hollywood, a business opportunity in San Mateo, or you’re hoping to enjoy the beautiful beaches, you’ve got a lot of planning to do. Read on to learn about how to find California movers, how to establish residency and more.
Finding California Movers
To ease your move, begin by hiring affordable California movers. Make sure to ask about any special services that you may need and to check the company’s availability for the time that you want to move cross-country. In fact, because moving to California is so popular, you may want to choose your California movers even before you settle on a new home – especially since interstate moves are so difficult. Because California has one of the highest costs of living of any state in the nation, it’s a good idea to take some time to look for the best deal possible on your California movers. Some areas in Southern California like Laguna Beach, Newport Beach, San Diego and Newport Harbor have some of the highest real estate costs in the state, so saving every dollar counts. Compare quotes of at least three different California moving companies and, when possible, try to negotiate these quotes down to the lowest possible bid. To make sure that the price is as low as possible, ask all potential California moving companies about how much the move will cost if you pack yourself or whether you can get a better deal by moving midweek. You may be surprised at how much money you can save with just a few small changes to your interstate moving plan.
You may also want to narrow your search down by looking for movers that specify in your specific destination city. It goes without saying that if you’re moving to Los Angeles you’ll likely get a better quote from a moving company located in that area, while if you’re moving to the northern part of the state, San Francisco movers may have more reasonable prices.
I’ve worked hard to negotiate great deals with some of the best moving companies throughout California. Just give me some information about your move in the form above, and I’ll gladly connect you with several moving companies who will offer you great moving quotes. Whether you’re moving to Anaheim or Woodlake, I can help you save up to 55% on your California movers.
Establishing Residency in California
Upon arriving in California, it’s to your advantage to establish residency as soon as possible. The length of time that it takes to establish residency depends on the reason for residency.
- New California residents must request a California driver's license within 10 days of establishing a permanent residence in California.
- For the purpose of registering to vote, you must prove residency for a minimum of 15 days before applying to vote.
- Students who wish to get resident tuition prices at UC campuses must prove residency for 366 prior to their application as a California resident. But moving to California for school is not sufficient for university residency requirements - you must also prove intent to make California your permanent home.
Other Points of Interest
- Most house pets do not require entry permits to move to California.
- Public transportation within the entire state is particularly inconvenient and most people drive to work.
- The cost of living in California is among the highest in the nation.
- California is not the largest state geographically, but it is the most populous state in the country.